A non-lucrative resident is considered to be a natural person who does not have Andorran nationality and who establishes their main and effective residence in the Principality of Andorra for at least 90 days per calendar year without carrying out any work or professional activity.
The resident without lucrative activity can carry out the activities necessary for the management of his own assets and, in particular, the functions that correspond to him as administrator of the entities in the capital or in the own funds of which he has a participation equal to or greater than fifty percent, and provided that the position of administrator is not remunerated.
What economic requirements must a resident without lucrative activity meet?
You must invest in Andorra permanently and effectively an amount equal to or greater than 400,000 euros in one or more types of assets indicated below:
- Real estate located in the territory of the Principality of Andorra.
- Shares in the share capital or own funds of companies resident in the Principality of Andorra
- Debt or financial instruments issued by entities resident in the Principality of Andorra
- Debt instruments issued by any Public Administration of the Principality of Andorra.
- Unpaid deposits at the Andorran National Institute of Finance.
Additionally, you must deposit the amount of 50,000 unpaid euros with the Andorran National Institute of Finance, plus an additional 10,000 euros for each of your dependents who acquire resident status. These amounts will be deducted from the 400,000 euros mentioned in the previous section, and will be returned to you if you leave or lose your residence.